Cranberry Almond Biscotti: Low-Carb,Low Fat Italian Cookie Recipe
Before you go ...
Get 6 Easy Cookie Recipes from The Cookie Elf
Each one uses six ingredients or less – and you can make each one in 10 minutes or less!
Cranberry Almond Biscotti incorporate dried cranberries and
sugar substitute in a fresh version of these traditionally almond-flavored
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes, divided
Makes about 30-32 cookies
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons molasses
¾ teaspoon almond flavoring
Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¾ cup sliced or slivered almonds
½ cup dried cranberries
1 ounce chopped white candy coating
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda,
cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat
together eggs, egg whites, molasses, and almond flavoring, scraping the bowl
constantly. Mix in sugar substitute.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients into egg mixture, beating
just until well blended. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface. Knead in almonds and
cranberries. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into a 12-inch
by 3-inch loaves. Set both loaves on the prepared baking sheet, side by side.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until loaves are just set or light
golden around the edges. Remove baking sheet from the oven. Allow loaves to
cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife to
cut each loaf into 15-16 slices. Re-coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place
slices cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 2-30 minutes until firm, turning
once with a spatula. Remove baking sheet from the oven. Allow biscotti to sit
for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool
- Place candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the
candy. Stir it until smooth. Drizzle melted candy over biscotti. Allow melted
candy to cool and harden.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container with waxed paper in
A Special Baking Tip
from The Elf
Cranberry Almond Biscotti can keep well for up to 3 months
when stored in an airtight container.
More easy Italian cookie recipes
Italian Cookie Recipes: crown jewels in Italian confections ...
Cherry Biscotti: a fresh version of a traditional Italian cookie recipe ...
Pignoli (Pine Nut Cookies): traditional Italian cookie recipe ...
More Italian cookie recipes on our Pinterest board ...
Return from Cranberry Almond Biscotti to The Cookie Elf home
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.