No Bake Oatmeal Cookies: Easy and Healthy, Just 5 Ingredients
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies are among only a handful of no bake cookie recipes that call for oatmeal.
They’re simple. They’re quick. They call for healthy, basic ingredients you have in your cupboard right now. And they’re really pretty, too!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Makes about 2 – 2 ½ dozen cookies
¾ cup shredded coconut
1 cup oatmeal
½ cup raisins
¾ cup peanut butter
¼ cup maple syrup
Granulated sugar for coating (optional)
Directions for No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine together dry ingredients: coconut, oatmeal, and raisins. Add in the wet ingredients – the peanut butter and maple syrup – until the cookie dough is mixed thoroughly. It will be very thick. (You may need to use a large spatula or large spoon rather than the electric mixer.)
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to measure the cookie dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. If you press the dough firmly into the cookie scoop, you can form balls without rolling them between your hands. Or moisten your hands with water and roll balls. Set the cookies on a tray or board while you finish rolling all the dough.
- Optional: pour about ¼ cup granulated sugar into a small bowl. Use a teaspoon to roll balls in sugar to coat them.
- Set cookies in an airtight container with waxed paper in between layers.
- The cookies will keep for up to two weeks at room temperature. If you like firm cookies, store them in the refrigerator.
Special Baking Tips for No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
The cookie dough consistency can vary depending on the peanut butter brand you use. If the cookie dough is too dry, add an extra teaspoon or two of maple syrup. If it is too moist, at an extra tablespoon or two of oatmeal.
You can replace raisins with dates or chocolate chips.
Rolling the cookies in sugar makes them look pretty!
See more no-bake cookie recipes on our Pinterest board.
More Easy No Bake Cookie Recipes
The Classic No-Bake Cookie Recipe, AKA "Preacher Cookies"...
Chex Scotcharoos: make them as drop cookies or bars ...
Coconut Snowballs: just 4 ingredients ...
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats: the original version ...
More No Bake Cookie Recipes ...
Return from No Bake Oatmeal Cookies to The Cookie Elf home