Pumpkin Pie Bar Cookies: Easy Bar Cookie Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Bar Cookies taste just like pumpkin pie, but are far easier to make and more portable.
Like pie, the recipe uses pumpkin pie filling, but in place of a fussy pie crust is a simple cake mix base instead.
And like other cake mix cookie recipes, these bars can be mixed together quickly. The cake mix makes putting the bars together easy because the mix saves you steps.
But the bars are more than a good substitute for traditional pumpkin pie.
They are simply good. All on their own.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 45-50 minutes
Makes 35 bars
1 package (16 - 18 ounces) yellow cake mix
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter or margarine
3 cups (28-30 ounce can) pumpkin pie mix
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions for Pumpkin Pie Bar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set the prepared baking pan aside.
- Measure 1 cup of the dry cake mix into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- Melt ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine the remaining dry cake mix, melted butter, and 1 egg until well blended. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together the pumpkin pie mix, 2, and milk until ingredients are combined and well moistened. Pour the filling mixture over the cookie base.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon to the reserved cup of dry cake mix. Cut in the remaining ¼ cup butter or margarine until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs over the cookie
- Bake the bars for 45-50 minutes longer until filling is set. Remove bars from the oven. Allow bars to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut cookies into 5 rows by 7 rows (or in any other size you wish.)
- Store bars in an airtight container, with waxed paper in between layers, in the refrigerator.
Special Baking Tips for Making Pumpkin Pie Bar Cookies
You can substitute pumpkin pie filling with canned pumpkin. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ½ teaspoon each ground cloves and allspice.
For cleaner cuts, set baking pan in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes before cutting.
See more bar cookies on our Bar Cookies Pinterest board.
More Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipes from The Elf
Can't Leave Alone Bars: easy cake mix cookie recipe ...
Cake Mix Christmas Bar Cookies: just 6 ingredients ...
Cherry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe: Bar Cookies With Just 4 Ingredients ...
Choco-Butterscotch Bars: Bake-Off favorite made from a cake mix ...
Chocolate Cake Mix Bar Cookies: Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipe ...
Chocolate-Cherry Bars: a favorite from Pillsbury Bake-Off #25 ...
Easy Candy Bar Cookies Recipe: use your favorite candy bars ...
Peanut Butter Fudge Bars: cake mix, peanut butter, chocolate chips ...
Pecan Pie Surprise Bars: easy cookie recipe and Bake-Off #22 winner ...
Pineapple Coconut Bars from Bake-Off #35 ...
Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies: Just 2 Ingredients!
Return from Pumpkin Pie Bar Cookies to The Cookie Elf home