Vanilla Press Cookies:
A Classic Press Cookie Recipe
Before you go ...
Get 6 Easy Cookie Recipes from The Cookie Elf
Each one uses six ingredients or less – and you can make each one in 10 minutes or less!
Vanilla Press Cookies are a classic press cookie. One
reason: versatility. The buttery dough is pushed through a cookie press to form
the cookies. You can change the cookie press disks to produce different cookie
shapes, depending on the season or occasion. You can serve these cookies plain,
sprinkled with decorations or sugars, frost them, or dip them in melted chocolate.
Press cookies are fun!
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Bake time: 6 minutes
Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose
A pinch of salt
Colored sugar or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed,
cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl continually,
about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually stir dry ingredients into
creamed mixture a bit at a time until well blended, scraping the bowl
- Add food coloring to dough as desired. You may wish to separate
dough and color it in two or more batches to make a variety of cookies.
- Prepare cookie press by selecting and inserting a disk and
filling the press with dough. Press cookies onto the baking sheets, about 1
- Decorate cookies with colored sugars and sprinkles.
- Bake cookies for 6 minutes or until set. If you bake too
long, edges will brown quickly.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to sit on
the baking sheets for a minute. Use a spatula to transfer cookies from the
baking sheets to cooling racks.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
A Special Tip from
Vanilla Press Cookies are festive at Christmas time when
dough is colored green, pressed using a tree-shaped disk, and decorated with
colored sprinkles to imitate Christmas trees.
More Yummy Pressed Cookies Recommended by The Elf
Peppermint Spritz: easy to make with a cookie press ...
Return from Vanilla Press Cookies to The Cookie Elf home
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.