Easy Zucchini Cookie Recipe:
Good to Eat and Good for You
This Easy Zucchini Cookie Recipe is a twist to the classic oatmeal cookie recipe.
It gives you the chance to use the piles of zucchini that iare ready to pick all at once in midsummer and add some veggies to your cookie dough in the process (so you can actually believe you’re eating a healthy cookie.)
Another plus to this recipe is that it calls for grated zucchini. That means you now have a practical use for those wayward zucchinis that get as big as green baseball bats when you miss picking them.
Even better: these cookies freeze well. Make several batches, use up all your zucchini, and freeze the cookies to use in lunch boxes once school starts.
The cookies are soft, almost like miniature rounds of zucchini bread. A true comfort food cookie!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 10-13 minutes
Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3½ cups quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup raisins or nuts (optional)
Directions for this Easy Zucchini Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set baking sheets aside.
- Use a grater to grate zucchini. Do not drain. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Fold in zucchini. Gradually stir in dry ingredients into creamed mixture until well blended.
- Mix in oats a little at a time until well incorporated into the dough.
- Add raisins or nuts (optional), combining them into the dough with a large spoon. The cookie dough will be sticky.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Use a fork to lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are lightly brown on the edges. Remove baking sheets from the oven.
- Allow cookies to sit for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Special Baking Tips for this Easy Zucchini Cookie Recipe
- Use quick oats, rather than rolled oats, to give cookie dough a smoother texture.
- Don’t drain zucchini before adding it to the cookie dough. Its moisture helps keep the cookie texture soft and cake-like.
- For variation, substitute craisins or chocolate chips for raisins.
See more drop cookies on The Elf's Drop Cookies Pinterest board.
More Easy Cookie Recipes with Zucchini
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies: perfect way to use extra zucchini ...
More Easy Drop Cookie Recipes
Almond Crunch Cookies: easy drop cookie recipe from Bake-Off #30 ...
Apple Walnut Drop Cookies recipe: use just 1 apple for whole recipe!
Chewy Lemon Cookies: Tart and Sweet, Just 8 Ingredients ...
Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies: a rich, tropical drop cookie ...
Cinnamon Toffee Pecan Cookies: just 6 ingredients ...
Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies: Two Favorites in One ...
Easy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe: Simpler Than a Mix ...
Maple Oat Chewies: Drop Cookies and Bake-Off #32 Favorite ...
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: Two Great Tastes in One ...
Pecan Sandies: a cross between a drop cookie and shortbread ...
Return from Easy Zucchini Cookie Recipe to The Cookie Elf home