Macadamia Nut Brownies: Exotic and Easy Brownie Recipe – From Scratch
Adapted from Family Circle
Macadamia Nut Brownies: when it comes to baking, chocolate has a BFF in macadamia nuts. They taste great together.
You can add a handful of chopped macadamia nuts to cake batter or as a substitute for pecans and be pretty much guaranteed that friends and family ask, “What did you put in this?”
So is it any wonder that this exotic nut from the South Pacific makes awesome brownies?
As with any easy brownie recipe, you can always skip a step or two and use a brownie mix instead of making it from scratch.
But this recipe calls for just 8 ingredients. It’s well worth the extra minute or two needed to measure and mix this version from scratch.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 25-29 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Makes 16 brownies, 2 inches square
1 12 - ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions for Macadamia Nut Brownies
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick aluminum foil, allowing ends to drape over edges of the pan. Spray the pan liner with vegetable spray. Set the pan aside.
- To melt chocolate chips, place 1 cup of the chips and the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If needed, microwave an additional 30 seconds. (More tips for melting chocolate chips.)
- Use an electric mixer on low speed to blend in granulated sugar, then eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Fold in 2/3 cup of the chopped macadamia nuts and the vanilla. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake brownies for 25 to 29 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over brownie and return the pan to oven for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from oven. Use an angled spatula or kitchen knife to spread melted chips until the surface is smooth. Sprinkle the chocolate with remaining macadamia nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour to allow brownies to set.
- To cut the brownies, grasp the ends of the foil liner, lift the brownies from the pan, and set them on a cutting board. Peel away the liner. Cut the brownies into four rows of four (or any size you wish.)
- Store brownies in an airtight containers in the refrigerator with waxed paper in between layers.
Special Baking Tips for Macadamia Nut Brownies
Don’t over-chop macadamia nuts in the food processor, or you’ll get macadamia nut butter.
Macadamia nuts have a high oil content which means they are very perishable. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Brownie Recipes with Nuts
Almond Joy Fudge Brownies recipe: bar cookie version of the candy bar ...
Pecan Praline Blondies: rich, buttery bar cookie with just 7 ingredients ...
Rocky Road Brownies: easy brownie recipe variation ...
Stevia Brownies: No Sugar - and In the Oven in 10 Minutes ...
Turtle Brownies Recipe: easy brownie recipe ...
How to cut brownies ...
More easy Brownies recipes on our Pinterest board ...