Candy Cane Kiss Cookies: Easy Blossom Cookies Variation
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies are a variation of the classic Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies, a traditional peanut butter cookie topped with a Hershey’s Kiss that has become a staple in American kitchens.
Peanut Butter Blossoms were a favorite entry in the 1957 Pillsbury Bake-Off contest.
This version is a simple butter cookie rolled in colored sugar … with a striped mint Hershey Kiss pressed in the middle. It’s a gorgeous cookie to make and serve for holidays, Valentine’s Day, and parties.
And here’s a little secret: this cookie recipe is incredibly easy and quick to make! While the cookies are in the oven, you can use the time to unwrap the Hershey’s Kisses.
When you remove the cookies from the oven, simply press the kisses onto the cookie tops.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 8-10 minutes
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon slat
2 tablespoons milk
Red colored decorator sugar
48-50 Hershey’s Kisses (Candy Cane flavor)
Directions for Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, combine butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively to butter mixture, a little at a time, beating after each addition until the cookie dough is mixed together.
- Place the decorator sugar in a shallow dish or on a plate. Form the dough into round, scant 1-inch balls in a consistent size, using a cookie scoop, small kitchen teaspoon, or a measuring teaspoon. Roll each ball in decorator sugar. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, one baking sheet at a time, until cookies are set. Cookies will puff up slightly and surfaces will appear crinkled. Do not over bake.
- While cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey’s Kisses.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven. Press a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each cookie while cookies are hot. Allow cookies to sit for 2-3 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely to allow both cookies and kisses to set, about 30 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container using waxed paper or parchment paper to separate layers.
Special Baking Tips for Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
You can substitute cookie decorations or powdered sugar for the red colored sugar.
If kisses soften after pressing them into the warm cookies, you can set the baking sheets in the refrigerator to allow them to set.
Get more tips for making kiss cookies.
Get more inspiration on our Hershey's Kiss Cookies Pinterest board!
More Easy Kiss Cookies Recipes
Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies, aka Peanut Blossoms ...
No-Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies: no oven needed!
Red Velvet Blossom Cookies ...
Triple Chocolate Kisses: Meringues with 3 kinds of chocolate ...
Tips for making kiss cookies (of all types) ...
Return from Candy Cane Kiss Cookies to The Cookie Elf home