Cranberry Drop Cookies Recipe:
Oatmeal Drop Cookies Variation
This Cranberry Drop Cookies recipe is a variation of traditional oatmeal drop cookies. The result is a sweet drop cookie with bite – and a pretty one, with bits of dried cranberries and coconut flakes.
There are two ways to make sure these cookies are not lumpy, but rather a consistent size. First, use finer ingredients to eliminate chunks in the cookie dough: quick oats rather than whole oats and chopped, dried cranberries or Craisins® rather than whole berries.
Second, be aware that thick cookie dough like this does not always spread easily in the short amount of time that cookies require to bake.
You can help along the process by flattening the scoops of cookie dough with your fingers, the heel of your hand, or the bottom of a drinking glass. By flattening the dough, you help the cookies bake evenly.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 10-11 minutes
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups quick oats
2 cups dried cranberries or Craisins®, chopped
1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
Directions for Cranberry Drop Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl continually. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into creamed mixture a bit at a time until well blended. Add oatmeal to the dough, a bit at a time. Cookie dough will be thick. Use a large mixing spoon to mix in dried cranberries and coconut.
- Use a cookie scoop, small ice cream scoop, or kitchen teaspoon to drop rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto lightly greased baking trays, 2 inches apart. Lightly press down the dough with your fingertips or the heel of your hand.
- Bake 10-11 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to sit for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Special Baking Tips for this Cranberry Drop Cookie Recipe
Chop cranberries coarsely with a kitchen cleaver or other knife before adding to the cookie dough. This will distribute the cranberries more equally throughout the cookie dough and make cookies less lumpy.
To prevent cranberries from sticking to the cleaver, place them in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before chopping them.
See more easy drop cookies recipes on our Drop Cookies Pinterest board.
More Easy Cookie Recipes with Cranberries and Dried Cranberries
Cranberry Almond Biscotti: low-fat Italian cookie recipe ...
Cranberry Caramel Date Bars: a luscious bar cookie recipe ...
Cranberry Lemon Cookies: super-soft, easy drop cookie recipe ...
Cranberry Sugar Cookies: just 3 ingredients ...
Cranberry Walnut Squares: a holiday bar cookie recipe ...
Christmas Cookie Bars: cranberries, white chocolate, coconut ...
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies: easy drop cookie ...
Return from Cranberry Drop Cookies Recipe to The Cookie Elf home