Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies: Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
This Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies recipe makes it easy to uphold tradition.
Peanut butter cookies, an American classic, are simpler than ever to make with this easy cake mix cookie recipe.
These days, t’s not unusual e to make cookies from a cookie mix. What’s a bit unique about this recipe is that it uses a cake mix to make peanut butter cookies.
The mix is one of just 6 ingredients for the recipe – 7 if you count the little bit of granulated sugar needed to press a crissed-crossed pattern on the top of the cookies.
Prep time: <10 minutes
Bake time: 8 minutes
Makes about 5 dozen 1 ½-inch cookies
1 box (16 - 18 ounces) yellow cake mix
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
Directions for Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a 13 x 9 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Blend for 1-2 minutes until dough is moistened and dry ingredients have been well absorbed. Dough will be thick
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar onto a small plate. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets Dip a dinner fork into sugar; press the fork tines over peanut butter balls in a crosshatch pattern, one at a time, to flatten each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes until just before edges turn golden brown. Do not over bake. Remove baking sheets from the oven. Let cookies cool for a minute on baking sheets before using a spatula to remove them from the sheet to a cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container using waxed paper or parchment paper to separate layers.
Special Baking Tips for Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
- You can use any brand of yellow cake mix for this cookie recipe.
- If you choose to make cookies bigger than 1-inch balls, be sure to bake them a minute or two longer (adding about one minute for every extra ¼ inch) so they set when cooled. More dough requires more baking time.
- For a fun variation, add 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts to the cookie dough just before rolling into balls.
- Make this recipe into sandwich cookies. Spread 1-2 teaspoons chocolate frosting onto the flat surface of one cookie. Press another cookie on top.
See more fun Cake Mix Cookies on our Pinterest board!
More Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookies: just 4 ingredients ...
Chocolate Crinkles: easy cake mix cookie recipe ...
Cranberry Sugar Cookies: Just 3 Ingredients ...
Cream Cheese Brownie Cookies: just 6 ingredients ....
Easy Candy Bar Cookies Recipe: use your favorite candy bars ...
Easy Snickerdoodles: just 4 ingredients!
Fran's Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ...
Funfetti Sugar Cookies: easy cookie mix recipe ...
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies ...
Red Velvet Blossom Cookies: easy variation of a classic cookie recipe ...
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies: strawberries and cream in miniature ...
Return from Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies to The Cookie Elf home