Crispy Valentine Cookies: Easy Drop Cookie, All Dressed Up
Crispy Valentine Cookies: I love this simple drop cookie recipe dressed up with two
kinds of chocolate (white chocolate chips and chocolate-covered candies).
And the cookie dough has two kinds of crispy cereal (oatmeal and Rice Krispies) which makes me think, "These are healthier than just any old drop cookie."
As the name suggests, drop cookies are baked by dropping or
pushing spoonfuls of cookie dough onto the baking sheet. The dough mounds flatten and spread while they're in the oven. Drop cookie dough varies in texture from
quite soft to stiff. This particular cookie recipe produces a softer dough that
drops off easily onto the pan from your finger, spoon, or spatula.
When they come out of the oven, I dress them up by pressing chocolate covered candies (M & M's) onto the surfaces.
Tip: press the candies into the soft cookies firmly and they'll take, rather than fall out later.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons milk
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 12-ounce bag (1 ½ cups) M & M’s Valentine’s chocolate
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup quick oats
1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line baking sheets with parchment
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium
bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed,
cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl continually.
Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and milk.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture a bit at
a time until well blended.
- Add white chocolate chips, oatmeal, and Rice Krispies to the dough, mixing them in with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking trays,
2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are lightly brown around
- Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Press 3-5 chocolate candies onto cookie surfaces right away. Allow cookies to sit for
5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
A Special Baking Tip
from The Elf
For softer, chewier cookies, bake on the low side of the
recommended time. For crisper cookies, bake a few minutes longer.
More Valentine Cookie Recipes and Tips from The Elf
Valentine Cookies: the perfect homemade gift of love ...
Cherry Bonbon Cookies: a sweet surprise in the middle ...
Cherry Coconut Cookies: colorful, fun drop cookies ...
Cherry Kisses: low-fat meringues that melt in your mouth ...
Easy Valentine Sugar Cookies ...
Easy Valentine Cookie Wafers: fun, no-bake cookies to make with kids ...
Triple Chocolate Kisses: meringues made with 3 kinds of chocolate ...
Valentine Brownies: easy to make with heart cookie cutters ...
Valentine Press Cookies: hearts made from a cookie press ...
More Valentine Cookies on our Pinterest board ...
Return from Crispy Valentine Cookies to The Cookie Elf home