Valentine Press Cookies: Hearts Made from a Cookie Press
Valentine Press Cookies are made from a classic press cookie recipe. The buttery dough is pushed through a cookie press using a heart-shaped disk to form
the cookies. You can serve these cookies plain,
sprinkled with decorations or sugars, frost them, or dip them in melted chocolate.
Press cookies are fun!
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Bake time: 6 minutes
Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose
A pinch of salt
Red marachino or glazed cherries, chopped
Red or pink food coloring
Red or pink colored sugar or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed,
cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl continually,
about 1-2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually stir dry ingredients into
creamed mixture a bit at a time until well blended, scraping the bowl
- Add a few drops of food coloring to dough. You may wish to separate
dough and color it in two or more batches to make a variety of red, pink, and white tinted cookies.
- Prepare cookie press by selecting and inserting a heart-shaped disk and
filling the press with dough. Press cookies onto the baking sheets, about 1
- Decorate cookies with chopped cherries, colored sugars, and sprinkles.
- Bake cookies for 6 minutes or until set. If you bake too
long, edges will brown quickly.
- Remove baking sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to sit on
the baking sheets for a minute. Use a spatula to transfer cookies from the
baking sheets to cooling racks.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
A Special Tip from
Valentine Press Cookies can be decorated with different kinds of red, pink, and white sprinkles to make a variety of colored hearts.
More Valentine Cookie Recipes and Tips from The Elf
Valentine Cookies: the perfect homemade gift of love ...
Cherry Bonbon Cookies: a sweet surprise in the middle ...
Cherry Kisses: low-fat meringues that melt in your mouth ...
Crispy Valentine Cookies: two kinds of chocolate, two kinds of cereal ...
Easy Valentine Sugar Cookies ...
Easy Valentine Cookie Wafers: fun, no-bake cookies to make with kids ...
Triple Chocolate Kisses: meringues made with 3 kinds of chocolate ...
Valentine Brownies: easy to make with heart cookie cutters ...
More Yummy Pressed Cookies Recommended by The Elf
Vanilla Press Cookies: a holiday classic ...
Return from Valentine Press Cookies to The Cookie Elf home