Peanut Butter Krispie Balls: Easy No-Bake Cookie Recipe
Peanut Butter Krispie Balls are a variation of Rice Krispie
Treats, the classic no-bake cookies. The originals are made with crisp rice
cereal, marshmallows, and melted butter.
This version includes peanut butter. It also differs
slightly in its formation – this recipe is for a molded cookie rather than a
bar cookie. The mixture is shaped into balls and rolled in colored sprinkles. It
is an easy cookie recipe is perfect for kids to make. As an added bonus, the cookies
Mixing time: about 10 minutes
Molding time: 15-30 minutes
Makes about 36-48 balls
3 ½ cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies®)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 ½ cups miniature marshmallows (about 5-6 ounces)
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Measure rice cereal into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pour sprinkles into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Set butter, marshmallows, and peanut butter in a large,
microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the
oven and stir. Return bowl to the oven. Repeat. Stir the marshmallow mixture
until it is smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into rice cereal. Mix thoroughly to
coat cereal. Allow mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes until it is cool to the
touch so you can handle it.
- With wet fingers, shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls, squeezing together each one firmly. Roll formed balls in between your hands until the surfaces are smooth. Transfer each cookie to the bowl filled with sprinkles. Coat each
cookie with sprinkles and set it on lined cookie tray. Allow cookies to set
until completely cool, about 30 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container with waxed paper in
Special Baking Tips for
Peanut Butter Krispie Balls
- You can substitute 5-6 ounces of regular marshmallows for
miniature marshmallows. For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- If you do not wish to use the microwave, you can melt butter
and marshmallows in a large saucepan on the stove top at low heat, stirring
continually, until they are melted and smooth.
- Peanut Butter Krispie Balls will keep for 2 days at room
temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator (if they last that long.)
- Convert the cookies to a holiday recipe by using
appropriately-colored sprinkles for the holiday: Christmas (red and green
sprinkles), Valentine’s Day (red, pink, and white sprinkles), St. Patrick’s Day
(green and white sprinkles), the Fourth of July (red, white, and blue
sprinkles), or Halloween (orange, yellow, white, and black sprinkles.)
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes and Tips
All about Rice Krispie Treats: History and Trivia ...
13 Baking Tips for Making Rice Krispie Treats ...
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats: variation of the classic recipe ...
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats: classic no-bake cookies with a twist
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats: classic no-bake cookie recipe ...
Oreo Krispie Treats: easy no-bake cookie recipe ...
Peanut Fandangos: both a no-bake cookie and a gluten-free cookie ...
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats: fun and easy no-bake cookies ...
Rocky Mountain Snowdrops ...
SMores Rice Krispie Treats: easier than the campfire treat ...
Other Yummy No-Bake Cookie Recipes from The Elf
Birds Nest Cookies: Easy No-Bake Cookie Recipe for Kids ...
Coconut Snowballs: Easy No-Bake Christmas Cookie Recipe ...
Crock Pot Candy: No-Bake Chocolate Confection ...
No-Bake Holly Cookies: easy kids Christmas cookie recipe ...
Return from Peanut Butter Krispie Balls to The Cookie Elf home