Peanut Fandangos: Both No-Bake Cookies and Gluten-Free Cookies
Peanut Fandangos are a Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats version of the
classic no-bake cookies made from crisp rice cereal. The Fandangos are
both chewy and crisp, with added peanut butter and chocolate flavors. They
contain no flour, making them a favorite among the gluten-free crowd.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Chilling time: 15-30 minutes
Makes about 35-40 bars
¼ cup (½ stick) butter or margarine
1 10-ounce bag large marshmallows (about 40)
½ cup smooth peanut butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
1 cup unsalted peanuts
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- Measure rice cereal and peanuts. Combine together in a
mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high
for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Add marshmallows and toss to
coat. Return bowl to the oven. Microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes, stirring
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Stir marshmallows, blending
in peanut butter until mixture is smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into rice cereal mixture. Mix
thoroughly to coat cereal and peanuts.
Press mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, combine semi-sweet chips
and butterscotch chips. Cook on high 1 – 1 ½ minutes until melted, stirring
every 30 seconds.
- Spoon melted chocolate over bars. Use a knife or a spatula
to spread chocolate evenly over bars.
- Chill cookies in the refrigerator 15-30 minutes or longer.
Cut bars into 1 ½ inch squares. Remove bars from the pan. Place waxed paper in
between layers to store them.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Special Baking Tips
from The Elf
- You can use either smooth peanut butter or chunky peanut
butter in Peanut Fandangos, but if you use chunky, be sure to eliminate the ½ cup
peanuts so the mixture does not become too bulky.
- You can substitute a 12-ounce bag of milk chocolate chips (2
cups) for the semi-sweet chips and butterscotch chips.
More Yummy No-Bake Cookies and Tips
13 Baking Tips for Making Rice Krispie Treats ...
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats: variation of the classic recipe ...
Chocolate Chip Rice Krispie Treats: classic no-bake cookies with a twist
Coconut Snowballs: Easy No-Bake Christmas Cookie Recipe ...
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats: classic no-bake cookie recipe ...
No-Bake Holly Cookies: easy kids Christmas cookie recipe ...
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies ...
Oreo Balls: a double dose of chocolate ...
Oreo Krispie Treats: easy no-bake cookie recipe ...
Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats: fun and easy no-bake cookies ...
Rocky Mountain Snowdrops ...
Smores Bars: easy, no-bake cookies, fun for kids ...
SMores Rice Krispie Treats: easier than the campfire treat ...
How to Make No-Bake Cookies: Best Tips ...
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Cookies ...
Mint Puffs: low fat Christmas cookies - meringues ...
Peanut Butter Krispie Balls: a Rice Krispie Treats variation ...
Santa Snowflakes: Low Fat Christmas Cookies ...
Baking Gluten-Free Cookies: Do's and Don'ts ...
Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies: how gluten works and how to replace it in cookies ...
Return from Peanut Fandangos to The Cookie Elf home