Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies: A Variation of the Classic Cookie Recipe
Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies are a scrumptious variation on the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, especially if you like toffee. The recipe’s chopped pecans and toffee bits add a layer of flavor.
This particular drop cookie recipe produces a soft dough, rather than a typical stiff chocolate chip cookie dough. The toffee bits add to the dough’s elasticity, meaning the dough spreads quite easily.
Of course, too much spread is too much of a good thing. You can prevent too much spread by baking cookies at an oven temperature higher than the standard 350ºF, which will allow them to set quicker. This recipe calls for an oven temperature of 375ºF, but you can adjust it to what works best in your kitchen.
The end result is a delicious cookie that is chewy in the middle and firm around the edges.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Optional chill time: one hour
Bake time: 9-12 minutes
Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oatmeal, processed to flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups (one 12-ounce bag) semi-sweet chips
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 ¼ cups (one 8-ounce bag) milk chocolate toffee bits
Directions for Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl continually. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture a bit at a time until well blended. Add chocolate chips, pecans, and toffee bits to the dough, mixing them in with a spoon.
- Optional: chill cookie dough, covered, in refrigerator for one hour.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Be careful not to drop dough in extra large spoonfuls.
- Bake 9-12 minutes until cookies are light brown around the edges.
- Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to sit for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Special Baking Tips for Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies
- To process oatmeal, measure 1 cup into the food processor. Pulse it with steel blade until it is ground into flour.
- Test bake one or two cookies to check for spread. If the dough spreads too much, try one or more of the following:
1. Make cookies smaller.
2. Chill dough for an hour.
3. Raise oven temperature slightly.
More Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes from The Elf
Chocolate Chip Cookie FAQs: baking tips for America's favorite cookie ...
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe ...
Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies: moist and soft, quick recipe ...
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies: chocolate chip cookie variation ...
Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Squares from Bake-Off #38 ...
Chocolate Chip Shortbread recipe ...
Easy chocolate chip cookies - just 5 ingredients!
Fran's Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ...
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just 7 Ingredients ...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe ...
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: easy variation ...
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies: easy cake mix cookie recipe ...
About Chocolate Chip Cookies: their history ...