"Black Gold" Chocolate Cookie Recipe
This luscious “Black Gold” Chocolate Cookie recipe is
adapted from chef and cookbook author Marcel Desaulniers. It is perfect for
chocoholics who like a double dose of chocolate – in this case, in the dough
and in the added chips.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Makes about 30-32 cookies
10 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped into ¼ inch
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped in to ¼ inch
6 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325º F. Line two baking sheets with
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder,
and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 6 ounces semi-sweet
chopped baking chocolate pieces and the chopped unsweetened chocolate. Cook
on high 1 – 1 ½ minutes until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Place the butter in a separate microwave-safe bowl. Cook on
high 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted.
- Combine together melted chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat
eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract together for 4 minutes. Scrape the bowl and
beat for 2 more minutes. Add melted chocolate mixture and beat together for 1
minute until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually stir dry ingredients
into the chocolate mixture a bit at a time until well blended.
- Add remaining chopped chocolate to the dough, mixing in by
hand with a wooden spoon.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking trays, 1 ½
- 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are set.
- Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to cool to
room temperature before removing them from the trays to transfer them to a wire
rack. Cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Special Baking Tips from The Elf
- You will find you cannot make this “Black Gold” Chocolate
Cookie recipe just one time. As you make separate batches, experiment with different brands of baking chocolate – and
even various combinations of semi-sweet, bittersweet, and unsweetened baking
chocolate – to suit your taste.
- These cookies do not spread much when baking, so you may
find you can space them closer together than most drop cookies.
More Chocolate Cookie Recipes from The Elf
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe ...
Chocolate Chip Shortbread ...
Chocolate Crinkles: easy cake mix cookie recipe ...
Chocolate Coconut Cookies: rich chocolate drop cookie ...
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies: fudgy, rich drop cookie ...
Cream Cheese Brownie Cookies: just 6 ingredients ....
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies ...
Hot Chocolate Cookies: Better Than Cocoa ...
Oreo Balls: yummy no-bake cookie recipe ...
Viennese Walnut Layer Bars - with a chocolate mocha filling ...
Return from "Black Gold" Chocolate Cookie Recipe to
The Cookie Elf home